Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A HUGE thank you!

I am writing with the intention of letting you all know that your support and love has been the foundation of Plattinum, and I cannot thank you enough. It has been a long dream of mine to own my own photography business but like most people think nah that's not possible. When it all started to come together it was like wow...this is GOING to happen. It has been exciting and having done it on the side my whole life practically, I am thrilled to create memories for others that produces the emotion that come with looking back on photos. I love looking at mom and dad after they see there newborn though a different angle or when the bride and groom reminisce on their special day and knowing that when they pay for something as expensive all they really have left is the dress...which lets face it wont be worn again...and your photos that will be looked at over and over again. That EXCITES me!
Fall is here and let me tell you I get such a nostalgic feeling every single time September comes around. I remember the fall when I met my husband...11 years ago...wow. I remember all things we did when we were dating. I remember when we first got our puppy topper and ran him through brightly colored leaves, I remember the night Samm asked me to be his wife. I love fall and I get the chance to see it through an artistic eye, if you are even thinking about portraits NOW is the time the lighting is soo fabulous. Other than being a photographer and getting the word out, I have been so very crazy insane busy..usually the only way I operate.. Iam the new co-coordinator for MOPS and for those of you who have no idea what that is its a group for moms who meet twice a month and listen to speaker, eat, do a craft all the while our kids get to hang out with other kids and volunteers..sooo NICE! Anyways yesterday was the first day so this whole summer has been preparing and it finally came! It was good I am speaking and I got a little nervous, but it went well. So that has taken up a ton of time. I also sell pampered chef and October is crazy busy, Iam going to Mops convention in Texas the first weekend in October for four days, samm is not looking forward to that. Then the next weekend is samms cousin in Chicago is getting married so we are heading for that, next weekend is the portrait fundraiser for mops that Iam doing...all the while I have 5 pampered chef shows..so what Iam saying is if you want portraits done in October to send out for Christmas, book now!! well Iam off to play with Eli he wants me to play the drums while he bangs on the guitar!
Well I hope to blog just a little about myself so you can see who that girl is behind the lens...
Angie Platt

No comments: